Student Club Opportunities
Camelview Student Council is a representative structure for students, through which they can become involved in the affairs of the school, working in partnership with school management, staff, and parents for the benefit of the school and its students.
Please see Ms. Griefenberg (3rd Grade/Burgundy Pod) for information on the student selection process.
One of our ongoing projects of Student Council is our Hallway Monitors. To make Camelview safer, we enlist different Student Council volunteers daily to help the before school hour foot traffic in our building. They help monitor and remind students of their CUBS expectations in the cafeteria, playground, and hallway.
Upcoming Student Council Events:
- Student Council Election Time: Week of September 25th
- St. Mary’s Food Drive: Week of November 13th
- McDonald’s Night: December 7th
- Candy Grams: December 18th thru 20th
- LLS Coin Drive: Week of March 5th
- 2016-17 Leukemia and Lymphoma Society fundraiser (raised over $3,300!)
- 2016-2017 St. Mary’s Food Bank Fundraiser (donated over 2,000 cans of food)
- 2016-2017 McDonald’s Night (raised over $400 for Camelview)
- 2015-16 Leukemia and Lymphoma Society fundraiser (raised over $1400!)
- 2015-2016 McDonald’s Night (raised over $300 for Camelview)
- 2015-2016 St. Mary’s Food Bank Fundraiser (donated over 1,700 cans of food)
This is our inaugural year for the Yearbook Club! The purpose of the club is for students to work as photographers, designers, writers, and editors to create the Madison Camelview Yearbook. The yearbook will be available for sale to students and their families before the end of the year.
The club consists of a mixture of third and fourth-grade students and meets Tuesdays from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please email the Yearbook advisors, Ms. Frazier and Mrs. Gallagher for more information about the club or volunteering.
This is our inaugural year for the STEAM Club! The purpose of the club is for students to gain experiences in science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics above and beyond what they gain in the regular classroom. The students work in engaging activities and kits that are structured cooperatively to build up the innovating skills the students are interested.
The club consists of second only & third and fourth-grade students, and meet on specified Tuesdays and Thursdays for each group in the Music Room from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m (see the schedule below). The club is limited to 30 students so please email the STEAM Club advisor, Mr. McKinley, for more information about the club or volunteering.
All Grades Meeting Schedule
|January: 18th, 25th|
Second Grade ONLY Meeting Schedule
|February: 13th & 27th|
|April: 10th & 17th|
|May: 1st, 8th, 15th|
Third & Fourth Grade Meeting Schedule
|February: 1st, 15th|
|March: 1st. 15th|
|April: 12th, 19th|
|May: 3rd, 10th, 17th|