Enrollment at Madison Traditional Academy
As an all open enrollment school, Madison Traditional Academy (MTA) will accept open enrollment applications for the 2017-2018 school year beginning February 1, 2017.
All applications received between February 1, 2017 and March 15, 2017 will be eligible for the lottery based on priority group classification, per district policy. Read more about the open enrollment procedures.
The lottery will be conducted in late March, with applicants being notified in mid April. Students not placed during the lottery will be placed on waiting lists. Applications received after March 15, 2017 will be dated and added to existing wait lists regardless of enrollment priority groups. We will continue to offer placement as spots become available (during the summer and even after school starts).
Required Documents to Enter the Lottery
- 2017-2018 Open Enrollment Form / Formulario de Solicitud de Inscripción de Variacion Abierta
- Student Services Survey Form / Servicios de Estudiantes Encuesta
- Proof of address (if claiming Madison School District residency)
- A recent report card (for grades 1-8)
The open enrollment forms and Student Services survey will be available in the school
office on February 1st and online through the district website.
We require that applications be hand delivered to the school office between the hours of
7:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. so that they can be reviewed for accuracy. Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
- Thursday, February 2, 2017: 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. (all grade levels; presentation only)
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017 (see schedule below)
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017 (see schedule below)
- Monday, March 6, 2017 (see schedule below)
Parents should attend the grade level their child will be enrolled in for the 2017 – 2018 school year.
Grades 1, 2, 3, 4
- 8:10 – 8:40 (presentation in Cafeteria)
- 8:40 – 8:50 (classroom visitation)*
- 8:50 – 9:30 (presentation in Cafeteria)
- 9:30 – 9:40 (classroom visitation)*
Grades 5, 6, 7, 8
- 9:40 – 10:10 (presentation in Cafeteria)
- 10:10-10:20 (classroom visitation)*
* Due to liability issues, only adults are allowed to participate in classroom visitations.