Google Chromebook Information
Teacher devices are being refreshed this year with Google Chromebooks.
- offer cloud-based computing
- create instant backups
- eliminate virus/malware threats
- power up in less than 10 seconds
- allow individual user settings carry over from machine to machine with your Google login
The Chromebook model selected via staff voting was the ASUS C302 Chromebook Flip.
- a metal body
- touch screen
- a 360° hinge for 2-in-1 use (as a laptop or a tablet)
The district also provided a USB-C adapter to accommodate traditional USB devices (like thumb drives, external mouse or keyboard).
Distribution and introductory overview training for the new Chromebook devices started in May with all K-8 classroom and Specials teachers at 7 of our 8 schools. That effort will continue with the remaining teachers and staff during the 2017-2018 school year.
An evolving document with answers to Chromebook questions from teachers and other employees has been created to help assist with the transition.