Enrollment Information for Grades Kindergarten through 8th
Thank you for your interest in Madison!
2020-2021 Open Enrollment
Open enrollment applications are now being accepted for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Apply online for open enrollment
- Learn more about Madison’s open enrollment procedures (updated 12/4/2018)
- Please click here for open enrollment information for Madison Traditional Academy.
Upon submission of your application, you will be sent a confirmation email that we have received your application. Applications submitted prior to January 26 will receive notification of their status by March 1. Applications submitted after January 26 may not receive notification before the start of school.
If you have any questions, please contact the District Office at (602) 664-7900.
You may enroll your child in a Madison school for the current school year at any time throughout the year. We encourage you to visit our schools to determine which one is right for your child. Tours are regularly scheduled at each school for prospective parents. Please contact the school’s front office to schedule a tour!
Open enrollment applications for grades K-8 for the 2019-2020 school are now being accepted online.Please click here for special information about open enrollment in Madison Traditional Academy.
For more information about preschool enrollment, please visit our preschool page.
|School||Grades Served||Signature Program(s)||Location||Phone|
|Madison Camelview Elementary||Preschool-4||STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math)||2002 E. Campbell Ave.||(602) 664-7200|
|Madison Heights Elementary||Preschool-4||REACH – Highly Gifted, Spanish Immersion||7150 N. 22nd Street||(602) 664-7800|
|Madison Rose Lane Elementary||Preschool-4||Visual & Performing Fine Arts||1155 E. Rose Lane||(602) 664-7400|
|Madison Simis Elementary||Preschool-4||International Baccalaureate||7302 N. 10th Street||(602) 664-7300|
|Madison Meadows Middle School||5-8||International Baccalaureate||225 W. Ocotillo||(602) 664-7600|
|Madison No. 1 Middle School||5-8||REACH – Highly Gifted, Spanish Immersion, Visual & Performing Fine Arts||5525 N. 16th Street||(602) 664-7100|
|Madison Park Middle School||5-8||STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math)||1431 E. Campbell||(602) 664-7500|
|Madison Traditional Academy||Preschool-8||Traditional philosophy||925 E. Maryland Ave.||(602) 745-4000|
Learn More about Enrolling for Grades Kindergarten through 8th
To get started, please select the option which best describes your student:
New Madison Student
- In-District Student – Resides within the Madison District boundaries and my child will be attending our neighborhood Madison school
- In-District Open Enrollment Student – Resides within the Madison District boundaries but I would like my child to attend a different Madison school
- Out of District Open Enrollment – Resides outside the Madison District boundaries
- Would like to attend Madison Traditional Academy (MTA), which has no attendance boundaries
- Will be starting kindergarten
Current Madison Student
- Current Madison student (in-district or open enrollment), please be sure to complete your emergency contact/yearly update information in your PowerSchool Parent Account for the 2019-2020 school year. These updates are required each school year.
- Current Madison student but will be attending a different Madison school next year (unless promoting to feeder school) – Please complete the online open enrollment application found on the open enrollment page.
Additional Programs and Services for Families
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Improvements Act of 2001 – Preschool-aged and school-aged children have certain rights or protections under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act.
- Native American Program Information & Forms (if applicable)
The following documents are required to register your student:
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Custody/court papers (if applicable)
- Immunization records
- Proof of residency (lease agreement or primary utility such as electric or water bill)
- Open Enrollment application (if applicable)
- IEP documentation (if applicable)
- Prior school records
- Schools may have additional forms
Students must meet state age and health requirements. Arizona law requires that students must provide verification that immunizations have been completed before starting school. Each student’s immunization records remain in the school system once enrolled. Each time the child receives another immunization, the health file should be updated. View the state’s Immunization Guide for more information.