Enrollment at Madison Traditional Academy
Madison Traditional Academy (MTA) will begin accepting open enrollment applications for the 2019-2020 school year beginning December 3, 2018.
All applications received between December 3, 2018 and January 25, 2019 will be eligible for the lottery based on priority group classification, per district policy. Read more about the open enrollment procedures. (updated 11/2017)
Any application received after January 25, 2019 will be dated, filed, and considered only after students whose applications were submitted by the deadline have had an opportunity to enroll, regardless of enrollment priority groups.
Open Enrollment applications should be submitted to the school office. MTA school office hours are 7:30a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. Please note that the MTA office will be closed from December 24, 2018 through January 4, 2019 for Winter Break and also on January 21, 2019 for Martin Luther King Day.
How to Enroll
Madison Traditional Academy is designated as a “school of choice” and so does not have established attendance boundaries or provide bus transportation. All families interested in MTA will need to submit an Open Enrollment application along with their online enrollment application.
- Download the Open Enrollment application (English / Spanish)
- Learn more about Madison’s Open Enrollment procedures
- Online Enrollment Application
Within the online enrollment application, you will have the opportunity to upload the following applicable documents:
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Custody/court papers (if applicable)
- Immunization records
- Proof of residency (lease agreement or primary utility such as electric or water bill)
- Open Enrollment application (if applicable)
- IEP documentation (if applicable)
- Prior school records
- Schools may have additional forms
Students must meet state age and health requirements. Arizona law requires that students must provide verification that immunizations have been completed before starting school. Each student’s immunization records remain in the school system once enrolled. Each time the child receives another immunization, the health file should be updated. View the state’s Immunization Guide for more information.
Please click here for more information about children starting kindergarten.
Tours of MTA are scheduled for the following dates and times. Parents should attend the grade level their child will be enrolled in for the 2019 – 2020 school year. Due to liability issues, only adults are allowed to participate in classroom visitations.
- January 10, 2019
- January 17, 2019
- January 24, 2019
Grade Level Schedule:
- Grades 1 – 4: 8:10 a.m. – 8:40 a.m. – Cafeteria Presentation / 8:40 a.m. – 8:50 a.m. – Classroom Visit
- Kindergarten: 8:50 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Cafeteria Presentation / 9:30 a.m. – 9:40 a.m. – Classroom Visit
- Grades 5-8: 9:40 a.m. – 10:10 a.m. – Cafeteria Presentation / 10:10 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. – Classroom Visit